Cardiag : A mechanic in your pocket
Thanks to its device and its mobile application, CarDiag allows motorists to diagnose their vehicle (breakdowns, wear of components, pollution and driving score) by themselves, with very low costs.
Monitor the health of your vehicle
- Connected using an OBD device, the CarDiag application diagnoses your vehicle and alerts you. It visualizes the detected faults and gives a detailed description for each fault and its origin in simple and easy-to-understand terms.
Turn off the engine light
- Turn off the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) when it’s not associated to a real failure.
Reduce your fuel consumption
- The driving scores are calculated by algorithms based on several criteria: energy efficiency, hard braking and rapid acceleration. This analysis allows you to improve your driving and thus reduce your fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
View real-time vehicle data
- In order to optimize your driving, reduce your fuel consumption, and reduce your carbon footprint, CarDiag displays vehicle usage data in real time, useful for better understanding your car’s needs (eg temperature, pressure, fuel, etc. .)
- Cardiag provides assistance for a direct diagnosis by the user (visual defects, noise, smells, etc.)
Routine vehicle maintenance
- Perform a regular vehicle check-up, pre-vehicle inspection or before buying a car.
Simplest repair tutorials
- Cardiag allows independent repair (Do-it-yourself – DIY) of the most common problems through tutorials and tips on purchasing auto parts.
Car repair at the nearest mechanic
- Find the car repair cost estimation at the nearest mechanic.
- Digitize and store all repairs made by the user or a professional with attached invoices.
I like how this app is designed. Thanks to developers
This is such a good app. I would definitely recommend it to my friends.
This app is seriously amazing if you got time to do the labour. I couldn't believe what I had stumbled into. Lot of people will download this application cause it brilliant. This car diagnostics application
A very safe app for all cars. I like it very much and I also recommend it to my all friends and relatives.
This app to me is my preferred one. I do use some others for second opinions but this has got to be the easiest to use and it does what is says it does, that's
Most frequently asked questions
Engine light, what does it mean ?
The engine light or MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) is a light on the dashboard of cars which indicates that a malfunction has been detected in the engine or the emission control system.
- The check engine light flashing : the engine should be stopped as soon as possible as there is a risk of engine damage. The computer will switch the engine to “degraded” mode, limiting the engine speed to 3000 rpm for a petrol engine and 2000 rpm for a diesel engine.
- The check light appears and disappears : this occurs if the fault is not detected for the next three consecutive cycles (1 cycle = starting + running + engine shutdown).
- Engine light on : the check engine light remains on until the detected fault has been removed from the engine control unit. An electronic diagnosis then makes it possible to consult the fault code and helps to establish a diagnosis with a view to possible repair. Then the fault code can be cleared with the diagnostic tool.
What is a fault code ?
Can I turn off the engine light with Cardiag ?
Can I clear faults with Cardiag ?
Can I clear the maintenance indicators with Cardiag ?
Can I clear ABS, Airbag or ESP faults with the Cardiag app ?
Do I need technical skills to be able to use CarDiag ?
No, the CarDiag solution is dedicated to everyone.
What is an OBD scan tool ?
Where’s my OBD port ?
The OBD port is usually located under the dashboard, beneath the steering wheel column.
https://www.carmd.com/obd-port-location/ this website allows you to find the OBD port in your car.
Is my car OBD compatible ?
All vehicles manufactured or imported are OBD compatible :
- In the United States since 1996
- In Europe
- Gasoline since 2001
- Diesel since 2003
- LPG since 2001
Which OBD scanner is compatible with the Cardiag app ?
- All OBD bluetooth scanner tools are compatible with the Cardiag Android app.
- All OBD WiFi scanner tools are compatible with the Cardiag iOS app.
Can I leave the OBD scanner tool permanently connected to my car ?
We do not recommend that you leave the scanner permanently connected to your car, as it may drain your battery.
More than 500.000 diagnostics done using the CarDiag solution